Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Promoting Further Learning #2

My Next Steps (Further Learning)
- focus on WALTs and building Success Criteria with students
- reinforce the learning progress, not the performance of the learner
- give the student sufficient time to assess and adjust their own learning

..... update .....

I attended the Interface Expo this year in Taupo. One of the break-out sessions I took part in was "Fine Tune Google Apps".  I have attended these Google Apps sessions a number of times as I want to make sure I don't miss any new ideas that will help with my student's progressions in their learning.

My new favourite app is Screencastify. This allows me to voice record my feedback to my students while also recording my computer screen movements I make while marking student work. My students can then watch and listen to my feedback at a time that suits them and as often as needed. This should help give them time wot adjust their learning and reinforce the learning progressions made.

Two student samples follow. I was very nervous at doing this as I am not use to recording my own voice and as I am only new using the app, I fumbled a couple of times.




No comments:

Post a Comment